Dover Delaware, 2012

On October 6, 2012 in Dover Delaware this blogger was confronted with claims of a lynching, an attempted lynching and a cover up that were not immediately credible ... Here is my weblog as I struggle to place in some kind of order all the information coming in since then. Although the topics in this blog have grown beyond the original case, still ongoing and unsolved to the minds of many, the focus is the same. Equal protection under the law.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Delaware, racist or just corrupt?

  In the early spring of 2012 I had enough and decided to become politically active. From the unsolved black on black homicide of my neighbor in 2006 that nobody was trying to solve to shenanigans from the County I was at the end of my rope.

 First I wrote polite emails, then impolite emails, then batpoop crazy disturbing emails. Eventually I thought about running for office. Explored a primary against Governor Markell, got a little press and radio coverage before I decided to leave the Democratic Party and run for the 34th district representative as an Independent. I got my clock cleaned.

  On October 6 2012 my campaign basically stopped. That day I met Dr. Jahi Issa. The doctor had some allegations that were very disturbing. A man had been lynched, another man had been abducted by the killers and had escaped with injuries but the police weren't doing anything about it, he himself had been 'set up' and arrested for no reason at Delaware State University during a student protest.

   I now know for a fact that Dover Police are refusing to investigate Henry Fordham's complaint of assault on September 21, 2012 by what Fordham says are two white males who resided in his neighborhood until the day of the assault. According to police Fordham lied to them about how he came to be in the company of his attackers and he is 'known to them'.

Neither of which gives anyone the right to assault Fordham or relieves the police of their duty to collect evidence and arrest criminals on complaint of crime. http://troubleindover.blogspot.com/2012/11/poking-holes-in-stories.html



  Fordham had a nasty cut under his left ear, had been stabbed in the mouth on the left side of his face, and had a ligature mark on his neck.  He identified his assailants by first name, description, and address. Neighborhood residents confirm that the two individuals named by Fordham were at their residence the morning that Fordham was attacked until 'word got out and people started talking' then they left. Both of their first names are known and the last name of one man is known.



 I can also confidently state that Delaware State University has changed it's narrative of the reason for arresting Dr. Issa ( he has been fired from his job of Associate Professor at DSU ) and both narratives have fatal flaws. Namely that they are both bullshit. http://troubleindover.blogspot.com/2012/12/will-there-be-third-story-from-dsu.html.

  The deaths by hanging from trees with their own belts of Johnny Clark at Silver Lake Park in May 2012 and Charles Conley in the alley off of 200 N. Governor's Ave in October 2010 are both officially suicides. There is some question of this finding from friends, relatives and some in the local community. I don't have any definitive answers on the suicides, never having seen the official records. They remain question marks in my mind.

 I saw a video of the arrest on December 5, 2012 that perfectly matched the version of the event that Dr. Issa had consistently been describing since I had met him on October 6, 2012.

 What I do know is that Dr. Issa is being falsely prosecuted. I can only speculate as to motive, I know that is what's happening. I do know that Dover Police Department is refusing to take the complaint of Henry Fordham seriously and that somebody definitely assaulted him at Silver Lake Park in the early morning of 2012. I know that nobody even bothered to collect evidence when my neighbor was killed. A slug was actually left in my wall and I was told to call in if I found it. So much for chain of custody.

   Are these events occurring due to incompetence/arrogance/corruption or is there institutional racism in Delaware? I suspect a combination, other activists I'm working with believe complicity and a white supremist elite are at work. Time will tell.

  What we know  is that the First State is the one the civil rights movement missed. Please help us get out the word.


2 comments:

  1. Doug the most telling aspect of Henry Fordham's claims is that he was discovered on Sep. 21 2012 suffering from contusions, multiple puncture wounds, and bleeding profusely. Obviously he was involved in some kind of altercation. Dover Police should have at least investigated how he obtained his injuries. I am certain that police do not have the authority to determine which criminal cases will be investigated. Also, the story that Chief Hosfelt offered, indicating Fordham had lied changing his story, quite frankly doesn't make sense. Those cops didn't like the guy, probably thought he should have been lynched, laughed at him, and made false statements to discredit him. I agree with the omment you made during our call, that a strong public outcry is the only thing that can force Dover officials to look more seriously into these cases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was doing security work in D.C. with a special police commission you heard allegations of disparate treatment often. Nothing close to what actually occurs in Delaware though. It's sad when you see how numb people have become. We need this victory to 'break the ice' and give people hope that justice can occur even in cases like this that are traditionally swept under the rug in Delaware.
      Good talking to you, hope to do so again soon. We are making plans.

      Delete