Dover Delaware, 2012

On October 6, 2012 in Dover Delaware this blogger was confronted with claims of a lynching, an attempted lynching and a cover up that were not immediately credible ... Here is my weblog as I struggle to place in some kind of order all the information coming in since then. Although the topics in this blog have grown beyond the original case, still ongoing and unsolved to the minds of many, the focus is the same. Equal protection under the law.

Friday, July 8, 2016

Dreams of Deliverance for my people.

 Honoring an unsung hero in the struggle for humanity and decency. Brother Ellsworth Jonson-Bey of Batimore Maryland, founder of the Fraternity of Ex Offenders ( FOXO ), my elder, my mentor, my better.

  Father God if it be thy will, let me be the man that Brother Bey taught us all to be.  Amen.

  Right now things look bad. #blacklivesmatter and #bluelivesmatter collide at a junction in time that has historical precedent. All blood splatters, and we need to take a breath and reflect. All killing of innocent people is wrong. Brother Bey could site the scriptures in the Holy Books.

  I met Brother Bey at the March on Dover on Doctor King's birthday in 2013. He immediately introduced himself to me and made me feel welcome. We maintained a friendship and made history in talk radio.

  Brother Bey and I simulcast in Baltimore and Sussex County Delaware. Brother Bey was a strict mentor and loving father figure to me in those years. He taught me many important lessons.

    Everbody wants to reach for the fruit but nobody wants to dig up the root.
    A statement with many meanings.

    Everybody wants to hype on the mic and talk for a minute with sixty seconds
    in it.
    Self explanatory.

    Listen to what people say, but watch what they do.
    Words to live by.

  The man never hesitated to break it down, and hold me accountable for my words, like any loving father would. The fact that his background may have suggested to some simple minds a bias against 'white' people is telling beyond description, but I'm going to give that a shot.

  What happened is tragic, not to be callous it's not important what the details where in Wednesday's killing, Thursday's killing, and the horrific massacre today. Any killing of people is wrong unless it is to prevent greater harm.

  The problem is we have arrived at a position in our social dialogue were confirmation bias can upset everybody on both 'sides' with the same story and details and if it won't we have spin and media control.

  A passionate defender of the second amendment for years, that's not important to me right now. I am not going to fight anybody over 'confiscation' or 'registration' when we can't even use our first Amendment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment